1. Tenses. Past tense and present perfect. Use the past tense or present perfect with the verbs in brackets.
1.1. My brother (play) in a band last year.
1.2. Yesterday afternoon a lion (escape) from London Zoo. The animal (walk) into the pedestrian precinct,
where there (be) hundreds of Christmas shoppers. Children (start) crying and people
(try) to hide in shops and snack bars. The police were called and after two hours they finally (catch) the
animal in front of a baker's shop. It was taken back to the zoo at once.
1.3. Mr Denny can't get into the house. He (lose) his keys.
1.4. - Where's Meg?
- She (not / come) yet. We're still waiting for her.
1.5. I (read) your book. You can have it back now.
1.6. I (read) your book last weekend.
1.7. How long (have / you) your computer?
1.8. When (buy) your new computer?
1.9. - Where are Paul and Simon?
- They are at the youth club. They (be) there for three hours.
- So they (be) there since two o'clock.
- You're right.
1.10. - (try / you / ever) any Chinese food?
- No, I .
2. In English, please.
3. Prepositions. Fill in the correct prepositions (Setze die richtigen Präpositionen ein).
3.1. Betty and Hetty are Bristol. They go the same school. Their school is London Road. It's 71 London Road.
3.2. How do Betty and Hetty get home?
- They get home train or foot.
3.3. - Where's Holmes Street?
- It's Swansea Square.
- How do I get there?
- Take a number two bus Cambridge Road.
- And how do I get there Cambridge Road?
- Go Oxford Road, then turn right Blair Street. Holmes Street is not far Blair Street.
3.4. - Where's my pencil?
- It's not your desk, but it.
4. Pronouns. Use the correct pronouns (Verwende die richtigen Pronomen.)
4.1. - What's hobby number one?
- hobby number one is swimming.
4.2. - I can see Mary.
- I can't see .
4.3. Jayne and Mabel are sisters. hobby is playing with dolls.
4.4. - Are Pete Gray?
- No, am David Evans.
4.5. - Can have biro, Jayne?
- Yes, here is.
4.6. - Is Rowena English?
- No, is Welsh.
4.7. - Peter: Can help , Pat?
- Pat : No, can't.
4.8. - Where's handbag?
- is in the car.
4.9. - Are Tim and Joff at school?
- No, are in the supermarket.
4.10. - Tim, where's cat?
- is in the cupboard.